Summer Conference: Learning from Case Reviews and Child Death
Monday 11th July 2022
Event Date: Monday 11th July 2022 (09:30 – 16:30)
Venue: Preston Grasshoppers Rugby Football Club, Lightfoot Green Lane, Fulwood, Preston, PR4 0AP
Our upcoming summer conference ‘Safeguarding Children’ is Everybody’s Business: Learning from Case Reviews and Child Death‘ has been jointly developed between the Children’s Safeguarding Assurance Partnership (CSAP) and the Child Death Overview Panel (CDOP). The conference is open to professionals working with Children and Families across the Blackburn with Darwen, Blackpool and Lancashire region.
This multi-agency conference is aimed at front-line practitioners who work with children, families & the wider community and practitioners who work within universal services or provide an early help service. In addition, it will be of interest to those who work within specialist services which sit under statutory intervention, who wish to gain an understanding of the key topics around Safeguarding Children with a focus on partnership working.
The aim of the conference is to explore themes, key messages and share findings from Child Safeguarding Practice Reviews (CSPR) and promote the importance of multi-agency working together, including good practice examples.
By the end of the event, participants will:
- Know what the key messages are in relation to Safer sleep and ICON and when to deliver them.
- Know where to access tools, materials, and local guidance.
- Use professional curiosity & challenge to work more confidently with families.
- Explore key messages from research and findings from both local and national CSPRs.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of multi-agency working together.
- Understand the role of the Sudden Unexpected Death in Childhood (SUDC) Nurse.
- Be clear on the roles of partner agencies within safeguarding and better understand their own and their organisation’s responsibility to safeguard our children and young people.
Session Fee: £0 – free to attend (registration required)
Please Note: It is anticipated that this will be a highly-attended conference and therefore early booking is advised as we cannot guarantee places on a first-come, first-served basis.
Booking: To apply for a place on this conference, please click here